Owner Relations

Contact Information for Owner Questions and Update Information

Contact Info

E-mail ownerinfo@treyresources.net
Phone (432) 271-3350
Fax (888) 511-5175

Mailing Address

Trey Resources Inc.
Attn.: Division Order Department
P.O. Box 50272
Midland, TX 79710

Physical Address

601 N. Marienfeld, Ste 400
Midland, TX 79701

Your questions and concerns can be handled quicker if you provide us with following information when you email, call or write:

  1. Owner Name and Owner Number, which you can find on your check detail or division order
  2. Lease Number, which is also located on your ] detail or division order
  3. Social Security or Tax I.D. Number
  4. If you do not have an owner number or lease number please provide a full legal description of your property, including the county and state.
  5. If you have questions on Pooling Orders, please provide the OCC order number.

Frequently Asked Questions

I lost my check. How can I have payment stopped and have the check replaced?

Please allow ten (10) business days to receive your check. If you have lost your check, call 432-271-3350 for assistance regarding stop payment and check reissue. Please have the following information available when you call: (1) your name, (2) your owner number and (3) your social security number.

My name has changed. What do I do?

For a name change, a copy of one of the following documents must be provided to Trey Resources, Inc. (1) a copy of the record document indicating name change or (2) a marriage certificate. You may email, mail, or fax this information to the contact provided at the top of this page.

How do I transfer my royalty interest?

To transfer your royalty interest, you must provide Trey Resources Inc. with one (1) or more of the following documents:

  • Copy of recorded conveyance document
  • For mortgages/liens: copy of recorded document
  • For release of mortgages/liens: copy of recorded release
  • For trusts: document appointing trustee and copy or recorded conveyance document

Based upon the information you provide, a division order will be sent for execution. Please note that the documents above should be recorded in the state/county in which the property is located.

How do I change my address?

In order to change your address, please send the following information at the address listed above:

  • Name
  • Owner
  • Social Security Number
  • Old Address
  • New Address
  • Phone Number
  • Signature

How does a royalty interest get transferred if an owner died?

If the decedent died testate (with a will) and the will is being probated, the following must be submitted for our review:

  1. Death certificate
  2. Letters testamentary
  3. Will
  4. Order admitting the will to probate (or its equivalent depending upon the state in which the proceedings were conducted)
  5. If probate proceedings were conducted in a state other than where the property is located, we may accept, for the limited purpose only of issuing our amended division orders or declarations of interest, a copy of these proceedings displaying the volume and page number of their recording in the county(ies) in which the property is located.

To comply fully with various state statutes, it is strongly suggested that you consult an attorney familiar with the laws of the state in which the property is located to open ancillary probate proceedings.

If the decedent died intestate (without a will) of if the will is not being probated, the following must be submitted for our review:

  1. Death certificate
  2. In the event administration proceedings were necessary, a copy of the Order Appointing Administrator; an Affidavit of Heirship, which must be completed by a disinterested party familiar with the facts (not an heir), notarized, and filed of record in the county, or counties, where the property is located. Please keep the completed file stamped original for your records. The copy submitted to our office must be display the recorded data. A blank Affidavit of Heirship form accepted for our purposes can be mailed upon your request.